Followers

Pages

To all Brides and Photographers "How can I ask my Guest not to photograph my Wedding"

Thursday, October 30, 2014


UNPLUGGED:
no cell phone pictures or electronic devices on  during a ceremony or reception

It can be so unfortunate and sad when your photographer is  capturing that special moment and here comes a photo-bomb. Your guest, friend or family caught right at that moment with their cell phone or camera on hand.  Now your Hired Professional Photographer is left with the difficult task of editing that picture and it just loses the captured moment. Sad! Frustrating! & Annoying!

Bride:  How can I ask my guest without offending them we do not want them taking pictures ?
n me
Sometimes your guest need a sweet and kind reminder, and just asking them over the phone or email isn't enough so here are some really nice ideas to have a "unplugged" Wedding.

It is truly a difficult thing to do with certain cultures, but at the end of the day you have given certain special  people in your life the honor of  inviting them to your Special Day.

I attended a wedding myself that was semi-unplugged.
What does that mean? Well no pictures where taken at the Ceremony, just the photographers. The bride and groom created an Instagram account just for their wedding,  where there guest where able to take pictures of other guests having a great time and photographing themselves (Selfies & Usies)  having the time of their life at their Wedding.  No pictures of the Bride and Groom where taken, that was specified as well.  The Couple asked that they #Hashtag just pictures of the guest.
  I thought that was really sweet.


Some of you brides do not want your guest to share these moment with social media and you have every right to request that as well, but you just do not know how to tell your guests. 
 I have attached some ideas.

I hope this helps.

You can also send an email or note separately on your "Save the Date" cards

Annie Muniz & Associates, Event & Wedding Planners








No comments:

Post a Comment